Bio - Architecture and Commercial Work
Architecture & Comercial Work Biography
Marshall Gould started as a Fine Art Black & White Photographer, and worked to develop his skills and style to emulate the masters of the “Golden Age” of Black & White Photography. In doing so, he became a master himself of clean, sophisticated compositions, maximizing dramatic lighting and tonal range, and capturing those “decisive moments.” Today, while remaining a fine art photographer, he has expanded his craft into Architectural and Commercial Photography and brings to it all that classical training. What’s more, he has worked a construction management executive for over 30 years overseeing the designing and building of custom homes, commercial buildings, and large apartment buildings/complexes. Combine this with an Industrial Design degree, he is uniquely qualified to work with architects, engineers, and designers to capture their finished projects and present them in beautifully finished photographic images.
Gould’s architectural and commercial work includes an extensive installation at the Riverview Apartment Buildings in San Jose, CA. of 27 very large-scale Black & White printed photographic images displayed in the elevator lobbies, model tour paths, and other common spaces featuring the regional architecture, public parks and open spaces, as well as the sculpture installations in and around the City of San Jose, CA. Currently, he is working on a Black & White Architectural Photographic Series for a Micro-Brewery that is renovating an iconic and massive grain elevator into a brew house and restaurant in California’s Central Valley.
Marshall Gould was born in Providence, Rhode Island and received his Bachelor of Industrial Design from the College of Visual and Performing Arts, Syracuse University. During his 30 year Construction Management career, he worked for Pulte Home Corporation, Sares Regis Group, Greenbriar Homes, Prometheus Real Estate Group and The Irvine Company. Today, his time is devoted to his photography business and being an owner/partner for Chaparral-Pacific Development LLC, a land development and construction company.
Architecture & Commercial Work Curriculum VitaeEducation
- Bachelor of Industrial Design, Syracuse University, 1984
- RJ Whitford Const. Custom Homes, Designer and Project Manager
- Pulte Home Corporation, Purchasing Manager
- Sares Regis Group, Senior Project Manager
- Greenbriar Homes, Senior Project Manager
- Prometheus Real Estate Group, Senior Development Manager
- The Irvine Company, Senior Director and Vice President of Construction
- 2010 PCBC Gold Nugget for Best Mid-Rise Multi-Family Project, Monticello, Santa Clara, CA. (Prometheus Real Estate Group)
- 2014 PCBC Gold Nugget Grand Award for Best Multi-Family Project, 30-60 du/acre, Crescent Village, San Jose, CA. (The Irvine Company)
- Riverview Apartments, San Jose, CA. 27 large-scale (42” x 60”) Black & White Framed Prints for lobbies, tour paths and common spaces featuring San Jose’s architecture, public parks and open spaces, and public art and sculpture. Client: Canvas Interior Design
- Black & White Architectural Photo Series documenting a massive, iconic, historic Grain Elevator in Downtown Modesto, CA prior to renovation for Brew House Operations and Restaurant. Client: St. Stan’s Brewing Co.
Photography AwardsBlack & White Magazine - Published
- 2013 Single Image Contest Winner in Sports Category.
- 2014 Single Image Contest Winner in Photojournalism and Cityscape Categories.
- 2014 Portfolio Contest Merit Award – Equine Series.
- 2016 Single Image Contest Winner in Animals and Surrealism Categories.
- 2017 Single Image Contest Winner in Animals Category.
- 2017 Portfolio Contest Merit Award – Yosemite Series.
- 2019 Single Image Contest Winner in Animals and Still Life/Objects Categories.
- 8th Annual (2013) – 5 Nominations in the Amateur Photojournalism, Fine Art, Portrait, and Wildlife Categories.
- 9th Annual (2014) – 10 Nominations in the Amateur Photojournalism, Fine Art, Architectural, and Wildlife Categories.
- 10th Annual (2015) – 16 Nominations in the Amateur Photojournalism, Fine Art, Architectural, Children of The World, People, Sport and Wildlife Categories.
- 11th Annual (2016) – 19 Nominations in the Amateur Photojournalism, Fine Art, Architectural, Nature, People, Still Life and Wildlife Categories.
- 12th Annual (2017) – 2 Nominations in Amateur Architectural and Wildlife Categories.
- 13th Annual (2018) – 9 Nominations in Amateur Architectural, Children of the World, People, Photojournalism, Portrait, Sport and Wildlife.
- 6th Annual (2012) – 1 Nomination in the Amateur Americana Category.
- 7th Annual (2013) – 1 Nomination in the Amateur Americana Category.
- 8th Annual (2014) – 3 Nominations and 1 Honorable Mention in the Amateur Americana Category.
- 9th Annual (2015) – 18 Nominations in the Amateur Americana, Fine Art, Architectural, People and Still Life Categories. 1 Honorable Mention in the Americana Category.
- 10th Annual (2016) – 11 Nominations in the Amateur Americana, Children of The World, Nature and Sport Categories. 2 Honorable Mentions in the Americana Category.
- 11th Annual (2017) – 7 Nominations in Amateur Americana, Children of the World, People, Photojournalism, and Wildlife. 1 Honorable Mention in Photojournalism.
- Open Shutter Gallery – Contemporary Fine Art Photography Durango, CO “Tones of Black & White” January 10 – March 5, 2014 Group Exhibition of 5 Black & White Fine Art Photographers.
- Agora Gallery, New York, NY “Figuratively Speaking” February 7 – February 27, 2014 Group Exhibition of Painters, Sculptors, and Photographers
- Blank Wall Gallery, Athens, Greece
April 2 – April 15, 2016
Group Exhibition of Fine Art Black & White Photographers from all over the World.
“Moments in Color”
April 28 – May 11, 2017
Group Exhibition of Fine Art Color Photographers from all over the World.
February 15 - February 27, 2019
Group Exhibition of Fine Art Photographers from all over the World.